Remember the movie My Cousin Vinny? One of my favorite bits of dialogue (other than the bit about grits, 'cause I'm a girl raised in the South, and that's just funny) is between Vinny and his girlfriend Mona Lisa Vito.
Mona Lisa Vito: [Vinny looks at her funny] What?
Vinny Gambini: Nothing. You stick out like a sore thumb around here.
Mona Lisa Vito: Me? What about you?
Vinny Gambini: I fit in better than you. At least I'm wearing cowboy boots.
Mona Lisa Vito: Oh yeah, you blend.
My husband and I can barely use the word "blend" in any context without giving it the sarcastic New Jersey accent Mona Lisa had in the movie.
So in honor of Marisa Tomei's Oscar-winning performance as Mona Lisa Vito, we're going to blend this month! Blend colors, that is. Whatever technique or product you use is up to you, so you can blend using spectrum ink pads, the rock-n-roll technique, watercolors, markers, watercolor crayons, colored pencils...heck, you can even use eye shadow on your card as long as you blend it!
ETA: Jennifer McGuire has an awesome video showing how to blend with regular water-based markers and a blender pen.
Here's my card, blending some yummy citrus colors using a Kaleidacolor inkpad:
I added shimmer with a clear Wink of Stella pen, and a tiny yellow rhinestone anchors the design.
That was fun!
Rules for OLS13 You Blend:
1. A one-layer card is defined as a single piece of card stock folded in half. No other layers allowed.
2. Make a card that includes colors blending in some way.
3. Post your card somewhere online and link to it using the InLinkz button on this post. If you link to your blog, make sure you link to the specific post and not your home page so we can find it easily later.
4. Post before midnight on February 24, 2015. That's when the InLinkz button will close.
5. The most important rule of all is to HAVE FUN!